Answering All Your Questions on Godfrey Hirst eco+ Carpet
Recently, we have received many questions about the Godfrey Hirst eco+ Carpet range. To help you better understand the product, we have put together a list of the most asked questions!
1. What is the best carpet for me?
To answer this question, you first need to consider your lifestyle which will largely determine the answer. Consider the following to make the right choice:
- Are there many people around at home for long periods of time?
- What are the high traffic areas around your home?
- How likely are accidental spills or other stains?
- Do you have pets that live indoors?
- Do you have a particular style you wish to achieve?
- What is your budget?
2. Why is Triexta fibre so popular?
Triexta fibre has heightened resistance to stains, soiling, wear and fading. It also comes with a pet protection guarantee as well as being beautifully soft underfoot, making it an ideal carpet choice.
As an added bonus, Triexta is known for generating up to 63% less greenhouse emissions than nylon!
3. Where is the best place to find a great carpet?
To best understand great carpet, the Australian Carpet Classification Scheme (ACCS) grades carpet on their various qualities. This can be used to determine good quality carpet. The site also has a variety of other information and videos for you to peruse.
4. What’s the width of the carpet?
In Australia, the standard width of carpet is 3.66 metres. The Godfrey Hirst eco+ range is this width as well. However, it should be noted that there are some styles of carpet that come in 4-metre widths.
5. How can I be sure I get the right amount of carpet?
The carpet calculator on the Godfrey Hirst website will help you determine how much carpet you will need for your home or business.
6. Are special vacuums needed for different types of carpet?
We do recommend that you consider using a specific type of vacuum for different styles of carpet. Our recommendations include:
- Low pile cut – vacuum cleaner with a rotating brush that agitates and loosens the pile.
- Loop pile and Berber carpet – vacuum with the brush off to avoid excess fuzzing.
- Thick and high pile – vacuum with raised beaters and reduced suction level.
7. Do eco+ carpets need stain protection?
Triexta fibres are naturally resistant towards dirt, spills, and stains, so they don’t require any more stain protection than other ranges of carpets in particular.
8. Who will install my new carpet?
When you purchase new carpet, installation is part of the package from our carpet installation team.
9. How is it possible that the colour of the carpet looks different at home?
There are a few factors that can affect the colour of carpet. It is often due to your living area having different lighting compared to the showroom. This is why we recommend taking home a sample before making a decision.
Additionally, pressure on some carpets can cause ‘shading,’ which refers to the pile lying in different directions, making it look like a different shade in colour.
10. Will the colour of my carpet fade over time?
Like most dyed textiles, the Godfrey Hirst eco+ carpet will slowly fade over time. This is especially true when exposed to direct sunlight for prolonged periods. Other contributing factors include exposure to:
- Cleaning agents
- Air conditioning
- Emissions from heating fuels
- And other household items
However, Godfrey Hirst eco+ carpet products have developed fade resistance as their technology has evolved over the years.
11. Does carpet trap dust and put those living with asthma and allergies at risk?
There is much misinformation surrounding homes with carpets and the level of airborne dust however there is yet to be proof that there is any correlation. Usually, there are other factors that trigger people with asthma and allergies.
12. How is Godfrey Hirst eco+ so soft?
The unique molecular structure of the fibre used to create the carpet gives the carpet its unique soft feeling. The thinner, softer yet stronger yarn allows the carpet to continue being durable while also being extremely springy in nature, making it beautiful underfoot and soft to the touch.
13. How is eco+ carpet so durable when a soft carpet is known to wear?
It is well known that soft carpets can wear before you expect them to. However, the engineering gone into the Godfrey Hirst eco+ carpets have been modified for it to be both soft and hard wearing – the ultimate design. In addition, the molecular structure allows for a strong bond that provides improved resistance.
14. Why doesn’t the eco+ need stain protection?
The unique design of Godfrey Hirst eco+ means that it’s impervious to liquids. In addition, once the eco+ carpet is dyed, the stain resistance is bonded to last a lifetime. If a spill does occur on the outside of the carpet, it can be washed away with cold water.
15. Does the backing break down with cold water?
The best way to ensure the carpet doesn’t break down is to make sure it properly dries. Fortunately, eco+ products are fast-drying, and the backing is highly water resistant.
16. Can bleach and ammonia be used on eco+ carpet?
We recommend that you don’t use any bleach products on your eco+ carpet as it will cause it to deteriorate.
17. Does the guarantee of fade resistance include fading from ozone?
You will be pleased to know that eco+ products are protected against UV and Ozone fading.
18. What does it mean to have a Lifetime Pet Protection Guarantee?
This guarantee refers to the carpet resisting urine and faeces stains for the life of the carpet.
We hope we have answered all your questions about the Godfrey Hirst eco+ range! If you have any further queries, please contact our team where we can assist you with your carpet inquiries.